- Windows application to print a Crystal report using Print output controller fails on the target machine with the below error.
Error: "Class not registered : CrystalPrintControl"
CR4VS2010 MSI(Server installer)
Reproducing the Issue
- Download an install Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 MSI (server Installer) from below location.
- Observe below locations :
- Here the 'PrintControl.cab' does exist but neither it is extracted nor the PrintControl.dll is registered.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers"
- Here the ActiveXControls folder does not even installed.
Issue could be reproduced with any service pack for CR for VS 2010 and even with the RTM version redistributable.
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 MSI (server installer) does not install ActiveX PrintControl on target machine
- This is a known issue with Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 MSI (server installer)and has been tracked. The Track ID is ADAPT01670261.
- Issue is reported and tracked in ADAPT01670261
- Issue has been resolved in Crystal Reports Developer for Visual Studio Service Pack 6
- It is also marked for BI 4.1 SDK in Support Pack 4.2
printcontrol, .cab, bug ,ADAPT01670261, 01670261, ADAPT, msi , KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , Bug Filed
SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio