Updating Project System (PS) Projects or Networks causes long-running update processes.
The frontend user will not be aware of the long running update processes. These processes can however be seen by a system administrator in transaction SM50.
The long running update processes can lead to the following problems:
- The object will remain locked during the update.
- If done repeatedly, the above can cause all the system's free update processes to be used. This will cause system applications to hang / freeze.
- SAP ERP Project Systems (PS)
- SAP R/3
- SAP R/3 Enterprise
- SAP ERP Central Component
- SAP ERP
- SAP Enhancement package for SAP ERP
- SAP Enhancement package for SAP ERP, version for SAP HANA
- SAP S/4HANA, on-premise
CJ20N, save, intermediate save, BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT, OPS_PS_CI_1, OBJNR, status combination codes, lock, performance , KBA , cj806 , cj 806 , PS-ST , Structures , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.