- When reporting from an SAP HANA Analytic View in Crystal Reports received error:
"Failed to retrieve data from the database
Details: S1000:[SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB32 DLL][HDB] General error;7
feature not supported: not allowed over OLAP VIEW : search without aggregation or grouping by expres [Database Vendor Code: 7 ]"
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.2
- SAP HANA
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an SAP HANA Analytic View.
- Connect to SAP HANA via ODBC or JDBC in Crystal Reports.
- Choose the Analytic View from _SYS_BIC\package/analyticview
- Add an attribute to the details section of the report
- Refresh the report.
- Notice the error.
- Analytic Views require SQL Queries to contain SELECT DISTINCT or GROUP BY for Attributes and summaries for Measures.
- For Crystal Reports for Enterprise and Crystal Reports
- Use the "Add Command" functionality to enter an SQL Statement directly which includes SELECT DISTINCT for attributes only or GROUP BY and summaries for attributes and measures.
- For Crystal Reports Only:
- If only Attributes are required in the report check in "Select Distinct Records" under the menu "Database" in Crystal Reports.
- If Attributes and Measures are required:
- Group on each Attribute required in the report
- Create a summary on each Measure required in the report
- Delete all fields from the Details area of the report
- Check on Database | Perform Grouping On Server
- Analytic View
- Analytical View
- SAP HANA
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016