- Formatting an object with a gradient color.
- The only choice of color available are solid colors, like blue, yellow, green,... not gradient colors.
- In Crystal Reports, how to format the background color of an object with a gradient color?
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Crystal Reports 2011
- Crystal Reports for Enterprise XI 4.0
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, right click on a text object or database field, and select "Format..."
- In the "Format Editor", under the tab "Border", check the option "Background", and select a color.
- All available colors are solid colors, like blue, green, yellow,...
- How to create a gradient color, like yellow to orange, for the background of the object?
- There is unfortunately no formatting option to format the background color of objects to be gradient.
- A suggestion will be to create the gradient color object of the required size in another application, and add the object as a picture in Crystal Reports.
- In another application, create a gradient objects of the size and desired color.
- Save the objects as an image.
- In Crystal Reports, insert the image at the desired location on the report.
- Insert the text objects, database fields or formula field on top of the gradient image object.
Now, when viewing the report, it will display the text of the database fields, text object, or formula fields, on top of the gradient colored object.
CR for E, CRE, CR4E , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To