You have created a Material with a Base UoM and it is applied to all parts of the Material. When you change the Base UoM in General tab, the UoM is not changing in Logistics, Planning, Availability Confirmation, and Valuation tabs since the field is read-only.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Select Materials view.
- Search for material XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the material).
- Select material XYZ and click Edit.
- Change the Base UoM to a New Value.
- Save the changes.
The Changes are not reflecting in the other sections of the material.
Once a Base UoM is activated for Logistics, Planning, Availability Confirmation, and Valuation then it is not possible to change it.
There are two possible workarounds to overcome the issue:
- You can maintain the quantity conversion in the Material for the old UoM to the new UoM.
1. Go to Product Data work center.
2. Select Materials view.
3. Edit and go to General tab of material XYZ.
4. Maintain the quantity conversion between the old Base UoM and the new Base UoM.
- You can create a New Material with same type but with required Base UoM.
KBA , material valuation , base uom , planning , SRD-CC , Cross Components , Product Enhancement