You notice that for some opportunities the value for Expected Value is showing a different value from the opportunity level, or that the currency conversion is happening based on a wrong conversion date (not the one you entered in the selection). This is happening for all reports based on the data source Opportunity Header and Item (CODOPPU).
The same may happen with the key figures Estimated Value, Item Value, and Item Total Value.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Open any report based on the data source Opportunity Header and Item, e.g: Opportunity Pipeline.
- Add the key figure Expected Value and / or Estimated Value and / or Item Value to the view.
You will see that for some opportunities the key figure is presenting a different value in relation to the opportunity.
The Expected Value key figure (technical ID: EXPECTED_VALUE) shows the value based on the following logic:
- The system checks the sales unit of the opportunity, and then determines the superordinate company based on the organizational hierarchy.
- Based on the company's address the currency will be set to the currency of that country. The expected value is saved in this currency, irrespective of what currency is entered in the opportunity. So for example: The opportunity has a value of 1000 GBP. The sales unit is associated with a company which has USD as currency. So the system converts the Expected Value from the opportunity from GBP to USD.
- Please note: This conversion is based on the conversion rate of the opportunity's creation date.
- When you run the report, you enter a display currency and a conversion date. The value which was saved for the opportunity's Expected Value is converted again, based on the selection that you make for the currency and conversion date.
In order to see the exact value which is seen on the opportunity, you can add the key figure Expected Value in Transactional (with Currency Conversion) from the Add Fields button.
There is also the key figure Estimated Value in Transactional Currency as an alternative to Estimated Value. Same case is applicable for Item Value.
Transactional value, key figure expected value, wrong currency, estimated value, codoppu, data source, report, analytics, Item Value, conversion, exchange rate, wrong date, opportunity pipeline report, opportunity header and item , KBA , expected value , expected revenue , key figure , data source , analytics , reporting , opportunity header and item , codoppu , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To