When you try to create a New Material, system throws below error message:
Missing type number range PRD___MATERIAL
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Select New material from Common Tasks.
The cause for the error message is that you have not scoped for Material in your system
If you wants to create New material then you should scope Material. To do so, please follow the below steps,
1. Go to Business Configuration work center.
2. Select Implementation Projects view.
3. Select the project and select Edit Project Scope button.
4. Go to Step 3 Scoping.
5. Expand General Business Data and then again expand Products.
6. Here, you can observe that the Material is not scope.
7. Check the Material check box.
8. Complete the scoping.
Now, you can able to create New Material. Also the view Material will be enabled in Product Data work center after this scoping.
KBA , prd___material , missing type number range , SRD-CC , Cross Components , Product Enhancement