When you try to assign a Tax Number for Switzerland as per the below steps, system throws below error message:
Entry in field Tax Number 1 is longer than 07 characters
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Account Management work center.
- Select Accounts view.
- Select All Accounts in Show field.
- Select an Account.
- Select Edit button and choose Financial data.
- Go to Tax data tab.
- Select Country as CH - Switzerland and enter the Tax Number.
- Select Save button.
You are trying to maintain a UID in a tax number field which is causing the issue.
Steps to maintain UID in the Account:
1. Go to Account management work center
2. Search and open the account.
3. In General tab, If there is no UID Number field visible under the Account area, Select on the link Additional Identifiers.
4. Enter any UID Number (12 digit number) and select OK.
5. Now the UID Number and UID Appendix fields will be visible under Accounts area. Appropriate value can be filled for UID Appendix field (just below UID Number) as well.
Additional Info: Please refer to the section Enterprise Identification Number — Switzerland in the Help Center documentation What's New: Business Partner for further details.
KBA , SRD-MD-BP , Business Partner , Product Enhancement