When uploading a bank statement file an error message is displayed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to File Management view.
- Go to Inbound Files sub view.
- Perform the action New Inbound file to upload a new file.
- You receive an error message.
The error messages received while uploading bank statements are due to incorrect Bank Statement File. Customer need to check with the bank for these inconsistencies in the file.
- No bank account active on DD.MM.YYYY for account number X, national bank code Y, and currency ZZZ found, Bank account missing or cannot be determined. Resolution: You need to correctly maintain the Bank data in the My Banks View Liquidity Management Workcenter. Make sure that a bank is entered in the system with a bank account number, national bank code and currency as maintained in the file. The bank account should be active before the bank statement date specified in the file.
- Closing balance X must match opening balance Y of the next bank statement. Resolution: The closing balance of a bank statement must match the opening balance of the next bank statement. You need to check the balances with your bank to provide the correct information in the file.
- Opening balance X must match closing balance of the previous bank statement Y. Resolution: The opening balance of a bank statement must match the closing balance of the previous bank statement. You need to check the balances with your bank to provide the correct values in the file.
- Calculated closing balance X is different from stated -Y. Resolution: The opening balance value is missing in the file. Therefore the calculated closing balance is different from the actual closing balance entered in the file. You need to check the balances with your bank to provide the correct values in the file.
- Sum of debit items X must match Total Debit Amount Y. Resolution: The total debit entered on header record level does not match the sum of all debit items in the bank statement. You need to check the balances with your bank to provide the correct values in the file.
- Sum of credit items X must match Total Credit Amount Y. Resolution: The total credit maintained on header record level does not tally with the sum of all credit items in the bank statement. You need to check the balances with your bank to provide the correct values in the file.
- Bank statement currency must match all other currencies on header. Resolution: The currency must be same for all the records on the header. The bank statement currency must be equal to the Opening balance currency, closing balance currency, Total debit amount currency and total credit amount currency. If there is no record present in the bank statement for above record types, the file can't be uploaded. will not be able to match the currencies for the entire header.
In a BAI2 file, line 03 represents the statement header. The following record types can appear in the relevant bank statement file:
Please see also the following documentation for any issue related to BAI2 file formatting:
US Bank documentation on BAI2 files format: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-TzAlgXPGrTSFRHT0hLd2dIVlk/view
KBA , all other currencies on head , different from , ban kstatement currency must match , calculated closing balance , bank statement upload error , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To