The sales order status changes to In Process instead of Open After its release.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Create a New Sales Order.
- Select the View All button.
- Add the required information in the General tab.
- Add a product (project relevant) in the Item tab.
- Select the value help of the Project Task field and add a valid project task.
- Release the sales order.
- The status of the sales order is changed to In Process instead of Open.
If you create a Sales Order and assign a Project Task to it then its status will be In Process after the release.
This behavior occurs only for the project scenario where no delivery documents (e. g. Customer Demand) or Service Confirmation is involved.
The sales order in the project scenario will move directly to Customer Invoicing work center (Project Invoicing view -> Sales Orders subview) from where you can start the invoice process.
In a sales order where a material is involved, it is necessary to release the Customer Demand to change its status to In Process.
In the service scenario, it is necessary to complete a service confirmation to change the status of the sales order to In Process.
However in the project scenario, the release of the sales order itself changes the status to In Process (as no delivery or service confirmation involved here).
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To