- Unable to create a query based on SAP HANA JDBC connection
- Request processing failed. (XLS 000009)  &lt;com.businessobjects.dsl.commons.exception.NestedException: com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver&gt;
- request processing failed. (XLS 000009) <com.businessobjects.dsl.commons.exception.NestedException: No suitable driver found for jdbc: sap://<server name or ip address>;<port number>>
- BI 4.0
- SAP HANA
- JDBC drivers
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a universe in Information Design Tool (IDT) using SAP HANA JDBC connection
- Save the universe to the repository
- Open Dashboard Design
- Create a new Query and select the Universe
- Select the new universe just created
- Add an object in Query Panel
- Press Next
- The error will be generated if the jdbc drivers have not been configured on the system containing the Dashboard Design Processing Server
The Dashboard Processing Server cannot access the jdbc drivers or is not able to find the drivers. Dashboard Design is using the Dashboard Design Processing Server in order to run Queries from universes/connections stored in the CMS. The drivers needs to be configured on the server for Dashboard Design to be able to run Queries.
- Download the SAP HANA jdbc drivers
- Extract the file 'ngdbc.jar'
- Navigate to the jdbc folder for the SAP BusinessObjects. (Default is C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\drivers)
- Create a folder called 'jdbc' (note do not use the single quotes around the folder name'
- Copy the file 'ngdbc.jar' in the folder 'jdbc'
- Test to validate that all is working fine.
Note: This needs to be done on each server hosting the Dashboard Design Processing Server if this is a distributed environment.
XLS 000009 suitable driver found for jdbc request processing failed BI4 Xcelsius Dashboard Design Query Next , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-BIP-SL , Semantic Layer , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem