You have created 2 similar private accounts and hope system can recognize and report error. But system does not give error message.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Account Management work center,
- Go to Common Tasks: New Private Account.
- Create 1 private account with name ABD, which is quite similar to account ABC.
- Choose Check For Duplicates, but no error message appears.
If you check in Business Configuration, you can find check profile is already set as Strong Check.
Strong check only searches duplicate business partners with high similarity. So the weaker the rule is, the more possible duplicates are returned by the system.
Percentage for duplicate check is as follow:
- Strong Check: 90%
- Medium Check: 80%
- Weak Check: 70%
So if you only enter name ABC and ABD, then similarity rate is 66%, lower than any of check profile. That's the reason duplicate check fails and no error message comes out.
Set duplicate check profile by following below steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center and Implementation Projects view.
- Choose Edit Project Scope then go to step 2 Scoping, tick Business Partners within General Business Data.
- In the Questions step, expand General Business Data and select Business Partners.
- Select Handling of Business Partners and answer the questions related to the duplicate check for business partners.
KBA , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , How To