- You get the error message "Proposal discarded; Incoming payment data missing for XYZ" while performing a payment run (XYZ represents the Business Partner ID).
- This scenario is valid for both Receivables and Payables.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Receivables work center.
- Go to the Periodic Tasks view.
- Go to the Payment Runs subview.
- Perform the action New Payment Run.
- Fill in the details and perform the action Schedule.
- Perform Schedule Immediately.
The run is created with error message "Proposal discarded; Incoming payment data missing for XYZ".
The same applies if you run a New Payment Run from Payables Work Center.
The payment method, for internally initiated incoming payments maintained for Business Partner XYZ, is not supported in Payment Runs.
The payment run supports the following standard payment methods for internally initiated incoming payments:
- Direct debit
- Credit card
Payment run will try to create payments for customer which is internally initiated incoming payments. The Payment Methods maintained in the Master data of the Business Partner XYZ does not contain any of the above methods. System behavior is correct. You need to maintain the correct payment method for the Customer or Supplier Account considered by the run and the memos will be processed accordingly.
Help document Messages in the Payment Run Application Log
proposal discarded, incoming payment data missing, error, payment run, payables and receivables, Eingangszahlungsdaten fehlen für, Forderungen, Verbindlichkeiten, Zahlungslauf , KBA , payment run , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To