The duplicate check functionality for customer account does not work as expected.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Show All Accounts and Find *ABC* (ABC represents the the prefix of the account ID).
- You can see there are 3 accounts IDs:ABC001, ABC002, ABC003, all having same prefix.
- Now you are wondering, why the system doesn’t display a warning message to inform you that there are some accounts with the same first name?
The Duplicate Check depend upon the settings maintained in the Business Configuration -> Scoping. In the scoping for the Duplicate Check, you have selected the Duplicate check for business partners with strong rules. This means that only those business partners with more than 85% similarity are displayed as possible duplicates.
You can change this setting to medium rules or weak rules if you want to get even business partners with less similarity.
Follow the below steps to check the rules of Duplicate Check in Business Configuration work center:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Show All Projects and select the relevant project.
- Select Edit Project Scope button.
- Go to the 3rd step Review Questions.
- Navigate to the General Business Data -> Business Partners -> Handling Business Partners
- Review the questions under Duplicate Check for Business Partners.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP ByDesign system.
You can find more information about duplicate check in the below help documentation:
Business Partner Duplicate Check.
KBA , dqm , address validation , microservice , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , How To