- Suppressed reboot Failed.
- Unable to install Crystal Reports, due to failed prerequisites.
- Prerequisite checking generates the error: 'INS00289 - A reboot request is suppressed'
- When attempting to install Crystal Reports, the prerequisite "Suppressed reboot", Failed, and we cannot install the software.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- Double click on: setup.exe to start installing Crystal Reports.
- At the "Check Prerequisites" step, its shows the prerequisite "Suppressed reboot", failed.
- A previous installation of a software on MS Windows required a reboot of the computer to complete the software installation, therefore, before MS Windows can install another software, a reboot is required.
- To be able to install Crystal Reports, reboot Microsoft Windows.
- If after rebooting the computer, it still shows the prerequisite "Suppressed reboot", then it indicates there was an issue with the previous installation of the product. To resolve the issue, remove the content of registry key: PendingFileRenameOperations
WARNING: The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Microsoft Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. For further information see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- Open the Microsoft Registry Editor ( Regedit )
- In the Microsoft Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:
- Make a backup of the key: PendingFileRenameOperations
- Delete the content of the key: PendingFileRenameOperations
- Install Crystal Reports
INS00289, CR, , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020