Within the Dashboard Design tool the Help->About menu area displays the incorrect build number.
Build number does not match the entry within the Windows Control panel Programs area.
Reproducing the Issue
- Apply Dashboard Design SP2 Patch 17 to Dashboards Design SP2 base.
- Verify the Build Number by viewing the software version listed under the Windows Control Panel Programs area.
- Note that version 188.8.131.521 is displayed.
- Launch the Dashboard design tool.
- Open the Help->About Dashboards dialog from the menu.
- Note Build number specified does not match the patch build number.
NOTE: This may not be restricted to Patch 17 only.
The Build Number displayed under the Help->About area of the product displays the version of the main executable. Patches do not modify the main executable, thus the build number of the executable is not modified.
To verify the Build number of the Dashboard Design tool, it is recommended to rely on the information displayed under the Windows Control Panel Programs area.
KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem