When you try to activate an Org Unit/Org Structure, system throws below error message:
XYZ (Org Unit Name) not permitted; ID already in use
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Select Edit Org Structures.
- Select the Org Unit XYZ.
- Select Activate button.
There are different reasons that might have caused this issue,
- You have already activated an Org unit with an ID and try to activate another Org Unit with same ID.
- There was already an Org Unit XYZ which was activated and later it was deleted. This can be verified in the Changes tab of the Org Unit XYZ in Active Area. In the Planning area, the org unit XYZ was deleted and a new org unit XYZ was created again. i.e, before activating the deletion, you are creating a new Org Unit with the same ID and try to activate the changes.
For Cause 1, refer to the Knowledge Base document 1654071 - Error Message: ID XYZ not permitted; ID already in Use
If the issue is because of cause 2,
It is always recommended to activate the Org Structure after deleting the Org Unit and then create a new org unit with the same ID. Hence, use Roll Back option to roll back all the changes done in the Planning area.
Note that roll back will delete all the changes done in the planning area and revert to last active version.
- Go to Planning Area of the Organizational Structure.
- Select Roll Back button.
- Then you can delete the Org unit XYZ and activate this deletion.
- After which, you can create a new org unit with the same ID.
KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , Product Enhancement