Default value is not preserved for a static parameter while viewing the Crystal Report.
Business Objects XI 3.1 SP5
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Crystal report with a static parameter.
- Set list of value for the parameter and set a default value.
- Refresh the report and save it to Enterprise without saved data.
- In CMC, static parameter value shows the default value defined in CR designer.
- Click on Edit and assign a new value and check the option “Prompt when viewing”
- Save and close.
- View the report from CMC or Infoview, observe that the report displays previous value as the default value in the prompt instead of new value set at the CMC level.
- Value set at the CMC level is not taken into effect.
It is identified as a defect in the product under ADAPT01644394.
This issue is scheduled to be addressed in Service Pack 6. However, this is on a best endeavor basis and not a guarantee of delivery in this release. The targeted Service Pack may change without prior notification.
CR default value, maintained, default value changed. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed