You received the following error message when creating a Sales Order : 'Region is Missing; Tax calculation failed'
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Create a New Sales Order from Common Tasks.
- Enter the account ABC and other mandatory details (ABC represents the ID of the sales order).
- Save the sales order.
- Error occurs: Region is missing; tax calculation failed.
The State has not been maintained in the customer account whose country is US, hence the tax calculation is failing. The tax calculation in Germany is not region dependent but the tax calculation in US is region dependent. In the sales order, the system checks for the Ship-to/ship-from location and if it identifies a country where region is mandatory for tax calculation then an error message is thrown.
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Show All Accounts and Find ABC (ABC represents the ID of the sales order).
- Edit the account and go to the General tab.
- Maintain the State in the Main Address section.
- Save the changes.
Now the error message will not be shown on the sales order for the account ABC.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To