How to hide the Financial tab in the account overview screen for a sales employee.
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the SAP ByDesign system as a sales employee.
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Show All Accounts and Find ABC (ABC represents the account ID).
- Select the account ID and open the overview screen (or Account Factsheet screen).
- The Financial tab is accessible for the user which should not be there for a sales employee.
The financial tab in the account overview screen displays invoicing, credit balance and open items details which should not be visible to sales employeed.
The Financial tab is only available to the users if it is allowed via scoping in Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Business Configuration workcenter.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the project and choose Edit Project Scope button.
- Go to the Step 4 Questions.
- Select Sales -> Account and Activity Management -> Account Management.
- Expand the section Overviews for Account Management.
- Select No for the question : Do you want to restrict the display of documents in the account, contact,partner and competitor overview?
- Finish the steps of scoping.
- Now the users can only view the Financial tab in the account overview or factsheet if they are assigned to the Customer Invoicing work center.
Logic behind hiding the Financial tab in the account overview screen only:
The Financial tab of the account overview screen shows important invoicing and financial details like Invoices and Credit Memos, Account Balance and Open Items.
These information are not shown on the Financial Data tab if we do a View All in the account.
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To