- Exporting a report to MS Excel takes a long time
- Exporting the subreport to MS Excel is very quick
- When exporting a report with a subreport to MS Excel format from Crystal Reports, it takes a long time to export.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Filter the data to return only one record on the report.
- Create a subreport off any data source that returns many records, and insert the subreport in the Report Footer section.
- Suppress all the sections of the main report except the Page Header, and Report Footer section, where the subreport is located.
- Export the report to MS Excel format, and take note how long it takes to export to MS Excel Format
- Drill-Down to the subreport, and export the report to MS Excel format, and take note of how long it takes to export it to MS Excel format.
You will notice it takes more than 10 times the time it takes to export the main report, than it takes to export the subreport, even if the main report contains nothing.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01624698
- This issue is resolved in the following product updates:
- Crystal Reports 2008:
- Fix Pack 3.8
- Fix Pack 4.3
- Fix Pack 5.2
- Service Pack 6
- Crystal Reports 2013:
- Support Pack 01
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010:
- Service Pack 4
CR, ADAPT01624698, 1624698 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed