When you try to change the Quantity Conversion maintained in a Material, system throws below error message:
Changing the conversion not possible; it is used by one or more open procurement price lists, source documents for supplier invoices
Changing the conversion not possible; it is used by one or more open customer quotes, procurement price lists, purchase orders, sales orders, source documents for supplier invoices
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Select Materials view.
- Search and highlight any Material.
- Select Edit button.
- Select View All button.
- In General tab, scroll down to Quantity Conversion section.
- Change the Conversion value maintained there.
The cause for the above error message is that the material is already used in some of the Purchasing documents and Supplier invoices.
So the below activities are not possible for the Quantity conversion maintained in the Material:
- Not possible to modify the existing Quantity conversion.
- Not possible to remove the existing Quantity conversion.
- Not possible to have another row with different value for same combination.
The reason for this behavior is that the business documents which ever are using this material (with the maintained Quantity Conversion) will end up in inconsistency.
The system works as designed.
The workaround that is available to overcome the issue is that you can create a new material with the same details as the existing Material and maintain the new Quantity conversion.
KBA , product , quantity , quantity conversion , not possible , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , Product Enhancement