- Error: 'The Database connector crdb_bwquery.dll could not be loaded'
- Reports created using the BW Query driver does not run in Crystal Reports anymore.
- The same report refreshed successfully before upgrading to the latest version of Crystal Reports.
- Newly created reports in Crystal Reports using the SAP BW MDX Query Driver refresh successfully.
- When attempting to refresh a report based on an SAP BW BEx Query in Crystal Reports, it fails with the error:
'Failed to load database information.
Details: The Database connector crdb_bwquery.dll could not be loaded'
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- SAP BW 7.4
- SAP BW 7.5
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports 2008 or lower, create a report off an SAP BW BEx Query using the "SAP BW Query Driver"
- Save the report locally or to SAP BusinessObjects Repository.
- In Crystal Reports 2011 designer or higher, open the report that was created in an earlier version of Crystal Reports.
- When attempting to refresh the report, it displays the error:
'Failed to load database information Details: The Database connector crdb_bwquery.dll could not be loaded'
- The driver: crdb_bwquery.dll, was used by the legacy SAP BW Query Driver, which is no longer available from Crystal Reports 2011.
- The SAP BW Query Driver was deprecated from Crystal Reports XI, and was still available up to Crystal Reports 2008 to provide time to update or re-create reports that were created with the legacy SAP BW Query Driver, to the new and enhanced SAP BW MDX Query Drivers.
- Update the report to use the SAP BW MDX Query driver, or re-create the report:
- Open the report in Crystal Reports 2011 or higher.
- From 'Database' menu, select 'Set Datasource Location'
- In the "Set Datasource Location" window, create a new connection to SAP BW using the MDX query driver
- Create a new connection using "SAP BW MDX Query".
- Under the newly created connection, browse to the SAP BW BEX Query which is used in the current report.
- In the 'Current data source' section select the existing connection.
- Click on the "Update" button.
- If there are variables in the SAP BW BEx Query, it will be prompt you for it.
- The Map Fields window will open. Mp all the unmapped fields. Note that information is fetched differently with the SAP BW MDX Query driver.
- Save the report.
- Mapping the database fields might be complex because the SAP BW BEx Query objects like: hierarchies, are fetched differently by the SAP BW MDX driver and in some cases, recreating the report is the only option.
- Also note the database field names and type in some cases will be different, and some formulas might require type conversion before the report can successully be executed.
crdb_bwquery.dll, CR 2011 database error, SAP BW MDX Query Driver, SAP BW Query Driver , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , BI-BIP , Business intelligence platform , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020