Only first value is shown when a filter is set to List of Values when Building query within Query Designer in Dashboard
- Dashboard 4.0 Feature Pack 3
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Bex Query with filters and restrict them using Range Variables. Make sure to make them Mandatory.
- Create a connection to Bex query within IDT
- Within Dashboard add a query by clicking on Add Query Button within Query Browser.
- Authenticate by entering User ID/Password
- Select "BEx" as a data Source
- Select the connection made within IDT (done in Step 2)
- Once the query structure is displayed, create a filter by dragging any characteristics within "Filter Area".
- Under the "Type of constant" drop down, select "List Of Values".
- Wait for the list of values to be displayed.
- You'll see only 1 values (very first value) is displayed.
This is a limitation in Dashboard 4.0 Feature pack 3. BEx Variable with range values input is not supported
Recommendation is to exclude the range value variable from you the BEx query. Once that is done, full List of Values will be shown.
KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem