Dynamic update of Images stored in Repository at Crystal Reports for single & multiple reports automatically
Crystal Reports 2008
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Crystal Report
- Insert an image from repository
- Change the image in Repository
- Preview the report
To ensure all reports that use Repository Objects (Images, SQL Commands, etc) contain the most recently updated object configure Crystal Reports like this:
- Open CR designer
- Go to File > Options > Reporting tab
- Check 'Update Connected Repository Objects on open'
If want to update just one report and not all then do this:
- When click on File > Open > Enterprise,
- There is a checkbox at the bottom of the dialog box that reads 'Update Repository Objects'
- Check this option and the report will contain the updated image
Dynamic update, repository objects update, image update automatically, the link to the image is lost, blank image, Crystal Reports , KBA , BI-RA-CR-DSL , Crystal Reports on C++ Data Semantic Layer (ClassicUniverse) , How To