You want to give Read/Write access rights on purchase orders to users for only particular purchasing units of a company. However when editing the rights of a user, the only access groups available are on company level. On the contrary, for sales orders, you can define a restriction on org unit level.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Application and User Management work center
- Go to the User and Access Management view
- Go to the Business Users subview
- Find the relevant user and choose Edit -> Access Rights
- Go to the tab Access Restrictions
- Mark the Work Center Name Purchase Requests and Orders
- In the columns Read Access and/or Write Access, you selected Restricted
- You notice that the Access Context is: 1007 - Company
- Furthermore, in the subtab Detailed Restrictions, you cannot add an Access Group ID that corresponds to a purchasing unit
The access context for Purchase Order can be given only at Company level and it cannot be provided on Org Unit level.
This is the expected behavior.
Purchase order access restrictions; Access restriction for PO; Restrict PO Access at org unit level; , KBA , AP-POP , Purchase Order Processing , How To