You have made manual payments for suppliers and found that the tasks are generated in Business Task Management for payments even though the approval process has not been set up.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Task Distribution view.
- Go to the Business Task Management subview.
- You find the task Approve Manual Payment <Payment Order Identifier> - <Business Partner Name> - <Amount to Be Approved>.
When a manual payment is created by the cash manager and is ready to be paid, a task of this type is automatically sent to the responsible approver. Only after the task is approved, the cash manager can complete the payment and forward it to the bank. Tasks of this type are decision tasks, which can be approved, rejected, or sent back for revision.
By default, this type of task has medium priority, however, this can be reconfigured to suit business requirements. This task type is mandatory and cannot be deactivated. A task of this type will not expire automatically; you must process and close the task before it expires.
There are different options to avoid approvals depending on which option fits your needs:
A) You can give the user the work center Managing My Area. This is an option by which the payments created by the user are approved automatically and that the user can approve payment of other users. However, this is only an option if you want to grant the user the Managing My Area work center and the related authorizations.
B) Another option is to go to the Business Configuration work center and create an approval threshold with a high amount - thus all payments under this threshold amount don't need an approval, as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center > Implementation Projects view.
- Select your Implementation Project.
- Search and open the activity Business Task Management for Payment and Liquidity Management.
- Click Payment Approvals for Outgoing Payments.
- Here, create an entry with a high amount. So all the payments below this amount will not require an approval.
For further information you can also refer to the corresponding help document Task - Approve Supplier Payment in SAP Help Portal.
approve manual payment; threshold amount; payment approvals for outgoing payments; , KBA , threshold amount , payment approvals for outgoing payments , approve manual payment , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To