- Dynamic visibility of Calendar picker with prompt doesn't allow to pick a value without refreshing the data after the calendar is opened the second time.
- Calendar Picker freezes
- Calendar picker using Dynamic visibility hang
- Dashboard Design BI 4.0.2 Patch 14
- Live Office BI 4.0.2 Patch 14
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Web Intelligence Report based on Island Resort and Marketing
- Select object Reservation Year, Reservation Quarter and Reservation Month
- Add a filter on Reservation Date between prompt
- Run the Query
- Select start date as 01/01/2007
- Select End date as 17/02/2007
- Click Ok
- Save the report as calendar
- Create a Dashboard in BI 4.0 using 'Live Office' >'Interactive Analysis' feature
- Import the report part from named 'Calendar'.
- Goto Objects Properties
- Under Book 1 un-tick the box for "Consolidate Prompts for Each document type"
- Click on the report name
- On the 'Prompts' tab Click on 'Prompt Values'
- Bind Start date to Cell E2 and End Date to cell F2
- Goto 'Data' > 'Connections..'
- Select 'Add' > 'Live Office Connections'
- Under Usage tick the boxes for 'Enable Load Cursor' and 'Disable Mouse Input on Load'
- Add the following components:
- Source bound to E2 and Destination to E6
- Spreadsheet table
- 'Display Data' Bound to A1 to F14
- Push Button
- 'Source Data' bound to E4 'Destination Data' to E6
- Cell 'E4' contains the value 'Y'
- Set as Date
- Destination bound to 'E2'
- Under 'Behaviour' for 'Dynamic Visibility' set with Status bound to cell E6 and Key to 'E4'
- Connection Refresh Button
- Select 'Calendar Document Part'
- Under 'Behaviour'
- Select Trigger Cell 'E2'
- When Value Changes
- Set the value for E2 01/01/2007 and for F2 to 17/02/2007
- Preview the dashboard
- Click on the Push Button
- Select a date
- The query refresh
- Click on the Push Button again
- The calendar shows but it is impossible to select a date.
This is a product Defect there is no ADAPT associated with this defect
Current Workaround is to refresh manually the dashboard connection using a Connection Refresh Button.
If Automatic refresh is required, bind the Cell for the refresh on change to the Cell E6 in our example which is the one defining the dynamic visibility of the Calendar.
Install Dashboard Design Feature Pack 3 or SP04.
5050059581, calendar, picker, dynamic, visibility, hang, freeze, select unable, disable , KBA , BI-BIP-LO , Live Office , Problem