When you try to create a New Service, system throws below error message:
Service ID is not valid
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Select New Service under Common Tasks.
- Input the mandatory details and select Save button.
The different causes that results in this issue,
1. The Service ID entered by you is not in the range maintained in the Fine Tuning activity Number Range for Service. This can be verified as follows,
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- In Overview view, Search and open the activity Number Ranges for Service under Business Configuration Search.
- In the new screen, you can find the number range maintained for Service.
2. In case, if you maintain Integer value in the Service ID field then the issue is because for Integer values the Number Range type maintained was Automatic.
3. If you maintain Alphabet value in the Service ID field then the issue is because for Alphabet values the Number Range type maintained was Automatic.
The Service Agent ID should be entered based on the range maintained in the fine tuning activity Number Range for Service.
If you would like to have a number range which supports all combination of alphabetics, numeric, alphanumeric and special characters (_-/:\.) but with interval type as Manual, you can use the below number range for Service.
Start Number: 0
End Number: Z9999999999999999999Z
Interval Type: Manual
Note: End Number should start and end with 'Z' and you can define number of 9's based on the length of the Service.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To