Integration of an Xcelsius Dashboard in NetWeaver Enterprise Portal
- Xcelsius Enterprise designer SP2(trial or engage server do not offer this connectivity) or higher
- Dashboard designer 4.0 all support packs and patches.
- SAP GUI patch 901 or Higher.
- Sap Netweaver 7.0 EHP01 SP5 or higher(JAVA and ABAP stacks)
Important note:The BI java Stack and single sign on between ABAP and java are must to get this connectivity working.
- Determine the BEx Web Launcher URL for your dashboard, it should look like this one :
This is the URL launched from Xcelsius Designer when using the option SAP / Launch. The DASHBOARD=Z_MYDASHBOARD_TECH_NAME parameter is the specific query string parameter that identifies which dashboard to display, where Z_MYDASHBOARD_TECH_NAME is the technical name of Xcelsius dashboard object published to the NetWeaver BW server.
- Log on to the SAP Enterprise Portal using a portal login ID that belongs to a role with portal content administration rights. Navigate to Portal Content tab: and Click on Content Administration > Portal Content.
- Open Portal Content Directory (PCD) folder and navigate to the folder where you want to publish the dashboard to. In this example, TechEd09.BI264 > Bangalore. Select the context menu option to create a new iView under the folder : right click on folder > New > iView :
- Select the BEx Web Application iView (SAP Netweaver 7.0 format) template and click Next :
- Enter a name and ID for this new iView :
- Configure the BEx Web iView query string parameter to refer to the technical name of your published Xcelsius dashboard object :
System = SAP Localsystem (or the appropriate system parameter)
BEx Web application Query String = DASHBOARD=[technical_name] where [technical_name] = technical name of published Xcelsius dashboard object
- Click Next and Finish. The following message box is displayed on when the new iView is created. Your iView is now ready to be view from the portal.
iView, Xcelsius,Netviewer , KBA , BW-BEX-ET-XC , Please, use component BI-RA-XL. , How To