You run one of the standard Employee Times or Time Accounts reports. You would like to choose a Time Series other than the preconfigured ones. For example, by default the Employee Times: Weekly report provides information on planned and recorded employee times in the last 4 weeks. You would however like to have a variable time range selection.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center Time Administration
- Select view Reports: List
- Find the report Employee Times: Weekly
There is no variables selection for the time series. The report is executed without any variables selection.
The Employee Times or Time Accounts reports are configured with a fixed Time Series, in this example planned and recorded employee times in the last 4 weeks.
In order to have a variable date selection according to above given example please create a customer report by following these steps:
- Go to work center Business Analytics and select the view Design Reports.
- Select New > Report.
- In step 1 of the report wizard choose the data source Employee Times (HCMTLMU01).
- In step 2 choose only the Key Figures you want to display (e.g. Recorded Time, Planned Working Time), but do not choose Time Series.
- In step 3 choose only the Characteristics you want to display, but make sure to include characteristic Key Date.
- In step 4 define a variable for the value selection of characteristic Key Date (Value Selection > Using Variable).
- In step 5 configure this variable as Mandatory and choose Selection Type > Any Selection for possible entries. You may as well Maintain a Default Value that is used during startup of the report.
- Finish the report definition. Assign the report to a corresponding work center and view (e.g. Time Administration -> Employees). Please note: It is important to mark the Key Date as mandatory since without this variable, the report may easily time out due to a high, unrestricted data volume.
- Create a default layout and startup settings for the report as per your preferences. Make sure to include the characteristic Calendar Year/Week in columns or rows.
- Generate the report from the assigned work center and choose an appropriate Operator for the Advanced Select Value Help of the variable Key Date (e.g. ...Between).
time series, time line, zeitreihe, employee times, time accounts, weekly, monthly, yearly, aggregated, key date, variable, reports, business analytics , KBA , employee times weekly report , employee times report , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To