- Error: "Out of Memory"
- When refreshing a report, it display an out of memory error.
- Report runs for a long time and throws an out of memory error.
- When refreshing a specific report in Crystal Reports designer, it takes some tiem, and then generate an error: "Out Of Memory"
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- Crystal Reports 2011, 2013, and 2016 are 32-bit application, and 32bit applications are limited to a maximum of 2 GB of memory.
- The error occir when the report processing requires more memory that what can be allocated.
- Using the Task Manager, verify if Crystal Reports designer is consuming > 1.5 GB memory prior to displaying the error.
- Once confirmed, modify the report design to limit the memory consumption where possible. For example: Filter the data on the database server.
For details on how to design a report to improve performance, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article: 1636361
- Note: Crystal Reports 2020 is now a 64bit application, and can utilise a larger amount of memory.
CR crw crw32.exe , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016