- Error: 'Failed to read data from report file <File name.rpt>. Reason: Failed to read parameter object'
- Unable to save report with parameter with dynamic list of values (LOV) to the SAP BI Platform.
- Can successfully save reports that have no dynamic parameter from Crystal Reports to the SAP BusinessObjects Repository.
- When attempting to save a report containing a dynamic parameter from Crystal Reports to the SAP BusinessObjects Repository, it fails and generates the error:
'Failed to read data from report file <File name.rpt>. Reason: Failed to read parameter object'
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
BVM, edit rights BVM, Set Security BVM, Business Views Security , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.