- In the Excel it contains computation between multiple sheets
- It works fine in the Xcelsius design canvas
- When previewing, the Pie chart disappears
- SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius 2008
- Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2
- Windows Japanese edition
Reproducing the Issue
- Prepare a Windows XP Japanese edition client.
- Install Microsoft Office 2007 SP2 and the latest Adobe Flash Player.
- Install Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 4.
- Open the attached TEST02.xlf.
- Notice in the design mode, the pie chart works fine in canvas.
- Click Preview button.
- Notice the one Pie chart will get lost.
- It is because the Excel sheet name is as "元データ", "集計データ" which contains "ー". The windows API used by Xcelsius 2008 cannot do the correct computation with this character "ー".
- With DEV's investigation, the character "ヽ", "ヾ", "ヿ" will also be possible that not working well.
- In the version Windows 7, this issue is not reproducible. We can think there is some improvement in Windows about this area.
There are three workaround for this issue:
- Upgrade the Windows to Windows 7 version.
- Change the sheet name and avoid using such character "ー".
- If uses have to use "ー" in the sheet name, add a pair of " between the character "ー" can solve the problem.
e.g. change the sheet name from 集計データ to "集計データ"
This problem is addressed by Problem Report ID ADAPT01620582 however it is rejected because it is not a BusinessObjects issue.
disappear, none, Japanese, blank, empty, ADAPT, 1620582, 01620582, xlf, swf, flash, xc, cx , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem