A payment allocation task is generated for the outgoing bank transfer payment to a supplier and you don't know how to release the payment allocation because the payment amount does not equal to the amount of all the open invoices on the supplier Trade Payable Account.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payment Management work center.
- Go to the Payment Allocation view.
- You get the Payment allocation for the bank transfer XYZ, with status being In Preparation and the allocation is not happening automatically.
- You edit this payment allocation, in the Customer/Supplier tab, select all the open invoices.
- But the amount is not fully allocated, and the Release button is greyed out.
Because there is an overpayment left which makes the amount not fully allocated, so the Release button is not enabled.
For the payment difference, you can click Assign Payment On Account to assign the extra payment directly on the supplier account:
- In the new window, specify the Customer/Supplier ID.
- Account Type and Payment Amount are automatically selected by the system.
- In the Debit/Credit field, select Debit from the drop-down list.
- Choose OK.
Now you should be able to release the payment allocation.
payment alocation, overpayment, release , KBA , overpayment , payment allocation , assign payment on account , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To