- Warning: "Additional parameter values are needed before this report can be saved or viewed with data"
- When saving a report with data in Crystal Reports, it displays the warning:
"Additional parameter values are needed before this report can be saved or viewed with data. Click ‘OK’ to enter the missing values or ‘Cancel’ to proceed with saving”
- After entering the parameter(s) again, it saves the report with data.
- Crystal Reports 2008 with Service Pack 3 and above
- Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a report off a stored procedure with at least one parameter in Crystal Reports 2008 with Service Pack 3 and above, or with Crystal Reports 2011.
- Refresh the report
- When prompted by the stored procedure parameter, check the option: Set to Null, and click: OK
- Save the report with data
- The following warning will display:
"Additional parameter values are needed before this report can be saved or viewed with data. Click 'OK' to enter the missing values or ‘Cancel’ to proceed with saving”
- Click OK, it will then prompts for the parameter again.
- Leave the parameter value to NULL, it will then display the following message:
"The saved data is incomplete, Generate the data to save?"
- Click: Yes, to save the report with data.
- It will then refresh the report and save it with data.
- Note that despite the warning and being prompted again by the parameter(s), the report will successfully save with data
- This issue occurs when reporting off a store procedure with at least one parameter, or off an SAP BEx Query with at least one variable
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01596966
- This issue is resolved in the following product updates:
- For Crystal Reports 2008:
- Fix Pack 4.2
- Fix Pack 5.1
- Service Pack 6 and above.
- For Crystal Reports 2011:
- Support Pack 05 and above.
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed