Unexpected exchange rate differences occur when posting a goods receipt. This happens though none of the conditions described in note 381900 is met:
- The exchange rate is fixed in the purchase order and deviates from the exchange rate for the posting date.
- The goods receipt is posted after the invoice receipt. This means, that the quantity of goods received posted up to now is smaller than the previously calculated quantity.
- In the case of a goods issue, for example, reversal or return delivery, the quantity to be posted is greater than the quantity still to be calculated. This ensures that exchange rate differences posted before during goods receipt are also determined during reversal.
If the corresponding exchange rate difference account (KDM) hasn't been maintained in customizing OBYC, system will issue error M8147, "Account determination for entry KDM not possible".
Materials Management (MM)
- SAP ERP Central Component
- SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP, version for SAP HANA
- SAP S/4HANA
ECC, CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY, KDM, exchange rate difference, rounding, betrag, fw_betrag, M8147, floating point value, GR, GI, SIT, stock in transit , KBA , MM-IM-GF-CURR , Goods Movements in Foreign Currencies , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.