- Error when editing Informix connection from Crystal Reports Designer and using German as product local.
- Error message "Database Connector Error -217"
Note: The error will not occur when editing the connection option and removing option "Stored Procedure".
- Crystal Reports 2008
- Informix Server IDS 11.5
- IDS Client (32Bit) 3.5 TC6XA
Reproducing the Issue
- Switch product local to German in the Crystal Reports Designer.
- Create an Informix connection using "Informix Online Server" in Crystal Reports Designer.
- Create a report on top of that connection.
- Edit the connection from Database expert. Error message "Database Connector Error -217" pops up
- Edit the connection option.
- Disable the option "Stored procedure". The connection is now able to show the database fields.
The issue is been identified as a potential bug and escalated to Product Group under problem report ID ADAPT01585141.
The issue has been fixed in Fix Pack 4.2
Informix , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed