Handle count keeps increasing (handle leak) when loading the report in the ReportDocument object.
- Visual Studio 2010
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP2
Reproducing the Issue
1. Develop a windows application using below code snippet.
For i As Integer = 0 To 100
Dim crReportDocument As New CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument()
2. Open Windows Task Manager, add the Handles column.
3. Compile the above code.
4. Monitor handles in Task Manager.
5. Handles go up (handle leak) with every report load.
- The issue has been reported as a bug and tracked under problem ID ADAPT01611319.
- The fix is scheduled in SP3 for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010.
- NOTE: This issue is similar to an issue reported under problem ID ADAPT01573472. However, .NET Memory Profiler is NOT showing this to be object being left behind; is a handle of type
- The issue is resolved in Service Pack 3 for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010
CR2010, 2010, CR4VS2010, CR4VS, VS2010, NET2010, Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0 , KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , Bug Filed