- Error: Unknown Database Connector Error. Access violation - no RTTI data!
- Attempting to edit a Universe query generate an error.
- In Crystal Reports, when attempting to edit the query of a report based off a Universe after it has been open for more than 20 minutes, it displays the error:
"Unknown Database Connector Error"
"Details: Access violation - no RTTI data!"
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create or open a report based off a Universe.
- Leave the report open for about 20 minutes.
- When attempting to edit the query of the report, it generates the following error:
Unknown Database Connector Error
Details: Access violation – no RTTI data!
- The cause of the issue was with the Webi service, which Crystal Reports uses to connect to a Universe.
- This issue has been tracked under SAP Note 2213862
- The issue is resolved in the following product updates of Crystal Reports and the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform:
- Crystal Reports 2013 and SAP BI 4.1:
- Support Pack 06 - Patch 10
- Support Pack 07 - Patch 6
- Support Pack 08 - Patch 1
- Support Pack 09
- Crystal Reports 2016 and SAP BI 4.2:
- Support Pack 02 - Patch 3
- Support Pack 03
- If you cannot apply the product update for some time, then a workaround to be able to edit your query, will be to close and reopen Crystal Reports:
- Save your report locally, if necessary.
- Close Crystal Reports
- Reopen Crystal Reports
- Open your report based off a Universe.
You will now be able to edit your Universe query
CR, Crystal Reports, Semantic Layer Universe, Edit Query , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed