You are creating new purchase order for Stock / Non-Stock items and it is necessary for you to maintain the multiple decimal places on product pricing as per the industry standards. Hence this leads to incorrect totals on your purchase orders.
For Example: This applies to price calculations between Quantity & Price. For high volume, low cost items, sometimes it's necessary to calculate the net value as multiple fractions. i. e Quantity 1000 * Price 0.0375 USD = 37.5 USD.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Common Tasks section and select New Purchase Order.
- Fill the necessary details and pricing information's.
- Under the pricing information's put three decimal value digit. E. X: 0.0375 USD.
- System will round off the decimal places to two digits.
The feature described will be available in a future release of SAP Business ByDesign. Until then you will have to maintain a price for a price unit of 10 each or 100 each in a list price or purchasing contract.
Alternatively you can create a quantity conversion on the product master with a unit of measure that corresponds to 10 each or 100 each. Then use this UoM on the purchase order.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To