While updating Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 4 with Fix Pack 4.1 on a machine with Microsoft Office 2010, the installation throws an error "Microsoft Office XP and later applications: Excel, Word, Outlook or PowerPoint must be pre-installed."
Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 4
Reproducing the Issue
- Install Microsoft Office 2010
- Install Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 4
- Start installation of Xcelsius 2008 Fix Pack 4.1
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01602994.
This issue is resolved in Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 4 Fix Pack 4.2
Work around for Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 4 Fix Pack 4.1:
1. Click windows Start menu and go to Run.
2. Type cmd and click OK.
3. Navigate to Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 4 Fix Pack 4.1 setup files directory.
For example: C:\XcelsiusSP4.1
4. Run setup.exe WORD12=1.
5. The fix pack installation will continue without any error.
KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem