You have created a Purchase order and defined Over-Delivery Tolerance in it. However, system is still allowing to receive more than the Over-Delivery Tolerance.
There is no Over-Delivery Tolerance maintained and the status of the Purchase order is finished and its delivery status is completely delivered but still you can create new delivery.
You are able to create delivery more than purchase order quantity.
Purchase order is canceled but you are allowed to create inbound delivery for it.
SAP Business BYDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inbound Delivery work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- choose either "Due and over due purchase orders" or if PO is canceled or finished then choose"all purchase orders by selection"
- Search for the relevant purchase order.
- Select the purchase order and choose Post Goods Receipt button.
- Enter Actual Quantity greater than Over-Delivery Tolerance limit.
- Choose Save and Close button.
- System allows to post goods receipt.
If physically a delivery is received then first you receive all the goods and Afterwards, either you accept the delivery or reject delivery and send the goods back to the supplier. In both cases, the goods receipt, goods issue and invoices must be in the system to complete the supply value chain.
However,system gives a warning messages
Actual quantity is exceeding the tolerance range.
Actual quantity exceeds open purchase order quantity for delivery item . Be aware that over delivery may be within tolerance range.
Reference order item canceled.
So we give you a flexible feature but its up to you to decide whether to go ahead with creation of such delivery or not.
Also you may reach out to your partners to help with raising an error to stop creation of such deliveries.
Purchase order completed, purchase order completely delivered, purchase order finished, purchase order should be delivered any more,Purchase Order Being Over Delivered, why goods receipts done for more quantity, , KBA , tolerance percentage , purchase order , over-delivery tolerance , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , How To