You as an Administrator, when you try to create an Employee from a Business Partner Person, system throws below error message:
Use personnel administration to hire and maintain employees
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Partner Data work center.
- Select Business Partner view.
- Highlight the Business Partner.
- Select Create As button and choose Employee option.
- In the new window, Enter First & Last name.
- In the Organization Unit field, select the value help and choose a Org unit.
If Human Capital Management (HCM) is scoped in the system then employees can only be created and maintained in the Personal Administration work center. The link Create As Employee in the business partner is enabled is a side effect, if the user has the Partner Development work center assigned to him. Because with this work center assignment the authorization concept gets disabled, which might also have an impact on a lot of other scenarios.
But in the case of Lean HCM scoped system, there will not be any error message.
The system works as designed.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , Product Enhancement