The memory used when previewing a Dashboard does not totally released after exiting the "preview" mode
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboard XI 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise 2008.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open any Xlf file or create a new simple one.
- Open the task manager and highlight "Xcelsius.exe*32".
- Click "Preview" button to view the Dashboard.
- Click again "Preview" to exit preview mode.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 several times (10 times), notice that the memory usage increase each time.
Xcelsius uses third party libraries and COM components (like Excel, FlashPlayer). These libraries and COM components may choose to release memory at a later time. This will result in memory usage increase.
Since Xcelsius is embedding FlashPlayer, this is one reason why Xcelsius is consuming more and more memory. The same may also happen for other COM components/libraries.
Considering the memory increase caused by other COM components/libraries, this is not a Business Objects issue.
ADAPT01601613, ADAPT01601642, Xcelsius, Dashbord Design, Memory usage, Increase. , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem