- Exported report contains truncated objects and extra lines
- Crystal Reports (CR) 2008 service pack (SP) 3 fix pack (FP) 3.6
- Microsoft Office Excel
Reproducing the Issue
- From CR create a report which contains a cross-tab
- Place extra text objects within the cross-tab header
- Some of the extra objects may overlap
- Some Column Totals may be suppressed
- Export the report to MS-Excel(97-2003)
The issue has been identified and escalated to product group under reference number ADAPT01574533.
Upon investigation it was concluded that due to fundamental difference between excel and other page based formats (like pdf, doc), it’s impossible to display overlapped objects in excel in the same way like in PDF. The solution which involves the object being pushed down when it overlaps with another object will cause the format to change if there is any overlap and is hence not acceptable.
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed