- Migrating many thousands of objects from a SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 server to SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.x takes a long time and/or fails.
- Migrating through a BIAR file fails. (Due to 2GB file size limit).
- In the Upgrade Management Tool (UMT) logs a GC overhead limit exceeded error is seen
- In the csv log file you find errors like
- 2011-11-08T01:00:23.119+0100 System info 2 GC overhead limit exceeded
2011-11-08T01:01:20.705+0100 Object info 2 CI_APPOBJECTS X-name Universe ASVx1aakqJRJiJI4Ysy8HOA GC overhead limit exceeded
- UMT logs may also show:
# There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.
# Native memory allocation (malloc) failed to allocate 124288 bytes for Chunk::new. Out of swap space or heap resource limit exceeded (check with limits or ulimit)?
Out of Memory Error
- SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 (as source)
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.x (as destination)
- Upgrade Management Tool using Live-to-Live process
umt, Update management tool, upgrade, failure, successful, slow, fails, migrate, migration tool, migrating tool, upgrade manager tool, update manager tool , KBA , BI-BIP-UMT , Upgrade management tool , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.