User is unable to finish the Goods Receipt and Invoice Receipt Clearing (GR/IR Clearing) because of an error message: Cost Center ABC not found
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inventory Valuation work center.
- Select the GR/IR Clearing sub view under the Period Tasks view.
- Select the Run ID and select View button.
- Go to Processed With Errors tab.
- Details tab shows the error message: Cost center ABC not found
The cost center is active when the purchase order and follow up documents are created but the cost center is delimited after a month. so system raises an error message at the time of GR/IR clearing.
As a work around follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Select Edit Org Structures link under Common Tasks.
- Select DD:MM:YYYY (Ex: 01.01.2011) in the Effective From field.
- Select Find button.
- Locate the Org unit ABC and select Timelines tab.
- Change the Date in Valid To field to future date for the Attribute: Org Unit , Value: Org Unit Timeline.
- Select Check Selected Structure option from the drop down list of Check button.
- Select the Activate Selected Structure from the drop down list of Activate button.
- Select Save and Close button.
Now the GR/IR run can be finished with out any error.
GR/IR Clearing Run, Cost Center. , KBA , AP-PIP , Physical Inventory Processing , How To