This document will help you to understand how to show and use the Report ID to analyze incidents for support purposes.
The Report ID can be shown by following the below steps depending on the report type:
- For Browser Based Reports:
- Open the desired report.
- From the report layout screen click on Details (Top-right of the screen).
- The Technical Information window will open and will include the Report ID, Data source name, Creator etc.
- For Excel Based Reports:
- Open the desired report.
- Choose the SAP Business ByDesign, from the menu.
- From the Sub-Menu click on Show Report Header icon.
- From the report Header you should be able to see the Report name and ID. (Note: this details won't be available for customized workbook)
- For Formatted Reports:
- Open the desired report with the Crystal Report Designer. (Note: such info is not available via the Crystal Reports Viewer)
- From the designer header, right click then choose format field and on the Format Editor screen choose the Common tab
- In some cases the Report ID is shown.
You can also show the Report ID within the Design reports view from the Business Analytics work center as following:
- Login to ByD Frontend for the desired system.
- Navigate to Business Analytics work center and choose the Design Reports view.
- Choose This Screen from the Personalize menu.
- From the Screen Layout List of Fields find the Report ID and tick the Visible check box.
- Save the new settings and Exit the Screen layout.
- From the Design and Assign Reports list you should be able to see, beside the report name, the Report ID.
The report ID is the report technical name which lies underneath the UI name, it is unique and provides some useful information.
For Example, it can be used to identify the report origin, type and where the data is coming from, as shown below:
- Sales Order Volume (CRMSLOIB_Q0001) --> Standard SAP report based on application CRM - Sales order - item data.
- Sales Order Volume (CRMSLOIB_MQ0001) --> Standard Mobile SAP report based on application CRM - Sales order - item data.
- Custom Test (ZFC9D5010214DB2BE) --> Custom created report. In this case you need to check the data source name to figure out where the report data is coming from. i.e. CRMSLOIB (SAP Standard data source) or Z0D5C51594043AA65 (Custom created data source).
- SAP Businesss by Design
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Report ID; report; show the report ID; standard report , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.