- Some prompts does not have List of Values to select from.
- When refreshing a report in Crystal Reports, the parameter shows an empty box to enter a value, when the expectation is to see a List of Values.
- When the same List of Values is scheduled, it always return a dynamic List of Values for the prompts in Crystal Reports, and in SAP BI LaunchPad.
- On a multi-node installation of SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform, when refreshing a report created in Crystal Reports, it sometimes display a dynamic List of Values for the prompts, and it sometimes shows an empty list of values.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.3
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report with a Dymamic Parameter.
- Save the report to the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise repository.
- In Crystal Reports, or in SAP BI LaunchPad, refresh the report, and notice the dynamic parameter List of Values is empty, and sometimes it displays a List of Values.
- Crystal Reports Processing Server default maximum number of records is set to 20,000. When a report associated with the List of Values reaches the limit, the prompt will display an empty list of values.
- Set the maximum number of records to read to zero (unlimited), for the Crystal Reports Processing Server, on each nodes in your SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform:
- Logon the Central Management Console (CMC)
- In the CMC, go to Servers.
- In the Servers screen, under "Service Categories", select: "Crystal Reports Services"
- In the List of Crystal Reports Services, right click on the "Crystal Reports Processing Server", and select "Properties"
( For example, the Crystal Reports Processing Server name can be like: CrystalReports2016ProcessingServer )
- Set the Crystal Reports Processing Service option: "Database Records Read When Previewing or Refreshing" to: 0 ( 0 is for Unlimited )
- Click "Save & Close" to accept the change.
- Restart the "Crystal Reports Processing Server" for the change to take effect.
Empty LOV box, Cascading parameter prompt, Dynamic Cascading Prompt, failed to populate data , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020